Guess who’s back? Kachee’s back. Tell your friends, Kachee’s back!
Excuse me being overly dramatic! I feel like I owe you guys a hi5 or group hug and loads of apologies for simply taking off without any warning. It totally wasn’t planned.
But, my schedule got super full – with work, a somewhat house move (which meant my iMac got packed up!), and last minute travel plans as well. With all these important stuff, the blog sadly took the hit! So bad, that I barely actually logged on to the site in all of two weeks.
And yes, it’s been only two weeks but it sure feels like ages!
I considered posting on a particular topic as usual, but I thought that’ll be unfair. Especially as a number of people sent me messages wondering where I was! Special hugs for you all.
I stumbled on a fun tag recently and I thought I could answer a few of the questions as a way to announce my return! Sometimes I get comments like ‘You live in the UK?’ or “Had no clue you’re a lawyer too!”. We know these people didn’t read my about page… tsk tsk!
1. Are you named after anyone?
- Hmm. Not particularly. But my mum’s best friend’s daughter and I have exactly the same first name and middle name. And she’s two years older than me. So does that make me kind of named after her?
2. When was the last time you cried?
- Can’t remember but I’m sure it’s pretty recent. I cry at the littlest things (especially those others may not cry for)
3. Do you have kids?
- No, but we totally want kids! But we hear it’s life changing, so one needs to be mentally prepared. True or true?
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
- Right now, most likely! When I was much younger, well, lets just say it might have been a little bit more difficult. Thankful for growth!
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
- Not really. I’m not very fluent in that. I sometimes wish I was though…
6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- I think shoes and feet (if that’s exposed)
7. What is your eye color?
- Brown – like many other black people. When I was much younger, used to be intrigued with novels and people that had green, blue and gray eyes. Now that I live in the UK, and see it often, it’s still fascinating!
8. Scary movie or happy endings?
- Happy Endings all the time! Why would I want to watch a scary movie? I’m pretty paranoid normally and need no incentives. Plus there’s already so much scary stuff in the world.
9. Do you have any special talents?
- Not really. Sadly. But I write and run this blog. If you think that counts as a special talent, thank you and big hugs to you!
10. Do you have any pets?
- Nope! I used to cross to the other side of the road when a dog was approaching. Okay, actually I still do, but I’m coming to terms with pets more these days.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I think I’ve grown up already! Someone’s almost 30! But there’s still room for so much more. I’ll love to have a TV show someday.
12. Who was your first best friend?
- In those primary school essays on “Describe your best friend”, I always wrote my friend in question 1 above. I mean we had the same name already and it was cool. Plus let me tell you a secret. I always thought “hmmmm, if she married my brother and I marry her brother, we’d basically switch names!”. Too bad the universe didn’t share my sense of humour. Plus would who knows, I may not have taken his surname after marriage!
13. How tall are you?
- 5ft 5 inches / 163 cm… And definitely wish I was taller! Really really do.
14. How many countries have you visited?
- 10 now! – UAE, Barbados, Malaysia, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, France, South Africa, Nigeria and the UK. Nowhere near my friends – Kemi Onabanjo and Ruchika Patel’s 30 countries before 30. But I’m all up for exploring, and hey, feel free to sponsor a trip or two!
15. What was your favourite/worst subject in High School?
- None really. I liked most subjects (yes, even Math!) and didn’t particularly hate any. Oh hold on, I didn’t see the point of learning Short Hand and I quite Technical Drawing was not a fave!
16. What is your favourite perfume?
- Ehm… the way my sense of smell is set up, I can’t really really appreciate perfumes. Tee buys me the perfumes he thinks he likes on me. And these days, I just like pretty perfume bottles!
17. What would you name your children?
- No idea, feel free to send me some! But we think we want short and meaningful names. Igbo & Yoruba names. We’re still undecided if they’d have English names. What do you think?
18. What sports do you play/have you played?
- I quite like sports you know! Growing up and in high school, I quite enjoyed basketball, football, and hockey. In my head only, I play Lawn Tennis very well. In actual fact, I do play Ping Pong (Table Tennis) quite well. Seeing a table tennis board is one of the things that make me happy.
19. What phone do you currently use?
- I use an iPhone 6. Don’t really care for phones to be honest, as long as it does the basics. Had used a blackberry until that amazing moment at our wedding, when the surprises came through!
20. Tell us one of your bad habits!
- I honestly do not know! But now that I think about it, maybe it’s worth asking people what they think my bad habits are. If I come up with an interesting list, I’ll be sure to share (and work on them!).
That’s it! I hope you know a little bit more about me now. I didn’t think I was going to enjoy this, but I did. Maybe I should do another one soon (I won’t go AWOL though!) or maybe we should do one of those popular Husband / Couple Tags ones! What do you think? Let me know, please! *rubs hands in excitement*.
I hope you had a great Easter season! What have you been up to this past couple of weeks? And what did I miss?
You may also like: