Guess who’s back? Kachee’s back. Tell your friends, Kachee’s back!
Excuse me being overly dramatic! I feel like I owe you guys a hi5 or group hug and loads of apologies for simply taking off without any warning. It totally wasn’t planned.
But, my schedule got super full – with work, a somewhat house move (which meant my iMac got packed up!), and last minute travel plans as well. With all these important stuff, the blog sadly took the hit! So bad, that I barely actually logged on to the site in all of two weeks.
And yes, it’s been only two weeks but it sure feels like ages!
I considered posting on a particular topic as usual, but I thought that’ll be unfair. Especially as a number of people sent me messages wondering where I was! Special hugs for you all.
I stumbled on a fun tag recently and I thought I could answer a few of the questions as a way to announce my return! Sometimes I get comments like ‘You live in the UK?’ or “Had no clue you’re a lawyer too!”. We know these people didn’t read my about page… tsk tsk!
1. Are you named after anyone?
- Hmm. Not particularly. But my mum’s best friend’s daughter and I have exactly the same first name and middle name. And she’s two years older than me. So does that make me kind of named after her?
2. When was the last time you cried?
- Can’t remember but I’m sure it’s pretty recent. I cry at the littlest things (especially those others may not cry for)
3. Do you have kids?
- No, but we totally want kids! But we hear it’s life changing, so one needs to be mentally prepared. True or true?
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
- Right now, most likely! When I was much younger, well, lets just say it might have been a little bit more difficult. Thankful for growth!
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
- Not really. I’m not very fluent in that. I sometimes wish I was though…
6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- I think shoes and feet (if that’s exposed)
7. What is your eye color?
- Brown – like many other black people. When I was much younger, used to be intrigued with novels and people that had green, blue and gray eyes. Now that I live in the UK, and see it often, it’s still fascinating!
8. Scary movie or happy endings?
- Happy Endings all the time! Why would I want to watch a scary movie? I’m pretty paranoid normally and need no incentives. Plus there’s already so much scary stuff in the world.
9. Do you have any special talents?
- Not really. Sadly. But I write and run this blog. If you think that counts as a special talent, thank you and big hugs to you!
10. Do you have any pets?
- Nope! I used to cross to the other side of the road when a dog was approaching. Okay, actually I still do, but I’m coming to terms with pets more these days.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I think I’ve grown up already! Someone’s almost 30! But there’s still room for so much more. I’ll love to have a TV show someday.
12. Who was your first best friend?
- In those primary school essays on “Describe your best friend”, I always wrote my friend in question 1 above. I mean we had the same name already and it was cool. Plus let me tell you a secret. I always thought “hmmmm, if she married my brother and I marry her brother, we’d basically switch names!”. Too bad the universe didn’t share my sense of humour. Plus would who knows, I may not have taken his surname after marriage!
13. How tall are you?
- 5ft 5 inches / 163 cm… And definitely wish I was taller! Really really do.
14. How many countries have you visited?
- 10 now! – UAE, Barbados, Malaysia, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, France, South Africa, Nigeria and the UK. Nowhere near my friends – Kemi Onabanjo and Ruchika Patel’s 30 countries before 30. But I’m all up for exploring, and hey, feel free to sponsor a trip or two!
15. What was your favourite/worst subject in High School?
- None really. I liked most subjects (yes, even Math!) and didn’t particularly hate any. Oh hold on, I didn’t see the point of learning Short Hand and I quite Technical Drawing was not a fave!
16. What is your favourite perfume?
- Ehm… the way my sense of smell is set up, I can’t really really appreciate perfumes. Tee buys me the perfumes he thinks he likes on me. And these days, I just like pretty perfume bottles!
17. What would you name your children?
- No idea, feel free to send me some! But we think we want short and meaningful names. Igbo & Yoruba names. We’re still undecided if they’d have English names. What do you think?
18. What sports do you play/have you played?
- I quite like sports you know! Growing up and in high school, I quite enjoyed basketball, football, and hockey. In my head only, I play Lawn Tennis very well. In actual fact, I do play Ping Pong (Table Tennis) quite well. Seeing a table tennis board is one of the things that make me happy.
19. What phone do you currently use?
- I use an iPhone 6. Don’t really care for phones to be honest, as long as it does the basics. Had used a blackberry until that amazing moment at our wedding, when the surprises came through!
20. Tell us one of your bad habits!
- I honestly do not know! But now that I think about it, maybe it’s worth asking people what they think my bad habits are. If I come up with an interesting list, I’ll be sure to share (and work on them!).
That’s it! I hope you know a little bit more about me now. I didn’t think I was going to enjoy this, but I did. Maybe I should do another one soon (I won’t go AWOL though!) or maybe we should do one of those popular Husband / Couple Tags ones! What do you think? Let me know, please! *rubs hands in excitement*.
I hope you had a great Easter season! What have you been up to this past couple of weeks? And what did I miss?
You may also like:
EndalineApril 24, 2017 at 07:23
Welcome back Kachi!! Missed your blog as well. Hope you bought goodies for us?
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:57
Hey girl! 💃🏾💃🏾No goodies ohhh 😭
AfomaApril 24, 2017 at 07:40
Heyy girrrlll! Welcome backkkk! xafomaumesi.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:58
Thanks Hun! ❤️
'DaraApril 24, 2017 at 10:34
Welcome back Kachi!!!
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:58
Thank you Dara!!
SkyApril 24, 2017 at 10:40
Hey welcome back Kachi!I haven’t been here as much lately but I ‘sensed’ your absence even on IG.Anyway, welcome back and this was a fun tag to read, please do more.The Oga did good with the wedding and make-up naming posts so we def want to hear more from him (After all, his name is one half of this blog’s name abi? 😁😁)x.
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:57
Sky Sky! I don’t blame you. Adulthood comes with so many responsibilities. But you’ve been on IG and I’ve been keeping up! I really want to do a couple tag. Need to pray Tee is up to it. He had better be, because like you said, he’s name is half the blog! Lol
RuthsTravel:Because I BelieveApril 24, 2017 at 10:59
Welcome back, Kachee. Loving you in that photo. We never stop growing so we never stop dreaming. Like you said, there’s always room for more so once you hit a goal, it’s a signal for a lot more.I’ve always thought blogging/writing is a super power for you and I’m keeping my eyes peeled for that TV show; you’re already one hell of a host/interviewer. I feel you on the movie thing jare. I can’t watch anything that’d make me emotionally unstable. I can’t even handle reality TV shows.As for names, I’d have said, give an English especially so their names aren’t murdered by foreigners but there’s a line that says if they can pronounce Tchaikovsky, they can pronounce Uzoamaka. Well… Some of my friends eventually picked English names themselves so if YOU are ok with that, maybe it’s another option.Easter was great. I learned new/deeper lessons and I’m trying to let them sink in properly. Rounding up medschool is what I’ve been up too. I’d leave it at that.Happy to have you back.http://becauseibelieveblog….
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:55
Hey Hun!I saw your tweet about my blog, and that made me so happy. Thank you! I really want to do the TV, and I’m hoping God perfects it!Girl, I’m with you on that Uzoamaka thing. I agreed with her. At the same time, it’s helpful to not make the name sound like a really long sentence, as some Nigerian names can be!All the best with med school hun. You guys are the real MVPs! God strengthen you!
RuthsTravel:Because I BelieveApril 29, 2017 at 09:30
I’m sure He will and you’re right about the long names. Thank you for your encouraging words.http://becauseibelieveblog….
Toluwalade Toyin-KehindeApril 24, 2017 at 13:03
Welcome back Sister!!! I’m still eyeing this yellow dress -__- Unlike you, I barely cry and when i finally cry it’s uncontrollable haha. I’m definitely queen of sarcasm and i also notice feet first or eyebrows lol . Guess what? We are the same height!!! Now i can picture the yellow dress fitting me perfectly too lol.Looking forward to your next posts :-)toyinwithfashion.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:56
Lol!! That means you’re forever noticing my rubbish eyebrows. *wails*. We are the same height!? Hahahaha. But because I’m like double your size, I doubt it will fit ohh. 😁
jennifer ijeomaApril 24, 2017 at 16:56
Sister we are together on the eyebrow thing….lmaooo. Sometimes I felt like it was creepy
jennifer ijeomaApril 24, 2017 at 16:51
Welcome back girl! Even though you were absent on the blog, I was catching up on Insta story. Any gist from the wedding?😁NO NO to scary movies especially cos I don’t see it happening in reality…i can’t be fooled. Truly what you do on this spAce is a talent, and I will surely watch your show. I loved Maths and TD – my two faves but tennis is not my thing, I love to watch people play though. Good to have you back. Easter was just there oh! Nothing much😊www.ijefinelivin.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 24, 2017 at 16:54
Ije! Not much gist ohhh. I couldn’t even get decent pictures and I was hoping to share some with you guys oh. Maybe I’ll ask for the professional photos. Ah thank you, for the vote of confidence!! I pray the show becomes a reality some day! ❤️
jennifer ijeomaApril 24, 2017 at 16:57
Amen to that ❤
UfuomaApril 24, 2017 at 17:10
Welcome back darling! You have been missed. I hope you had a great time in SA (from pictures, you definitely did!)Blog breaks are very important. We need you whole and in full steam so you can give us all the good stuff on here! Sometime off definitely helps in that regard. I know time off for you means great, exciting posts are coming up as usual, so looking forward to that.Easter was great! Had a fun trip to Toronto with five other girls. When’s the next break again? Already dreaming of time off doing absolutely nothing. Lol.www.theufuoma.comtravel lifestyle passion
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:52
Girl! I did, but it was soooo short!I saw your fun trip with the girls!ps: Recently heard your voice on IG stories – and you ahve a lovely voice!
Ijeoma UcheibeApril 24, 2017 at 17:56
Definitely missed you for sure….
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:51
Hugssssss! You know I missed you too!
ThriveOnYourJourneyApril 24, 2017 at 18:41
Your friend in question 1… if you had married her brother and refused to take his name, and she married your brother but took his name, then you two would have had the same names! LOL! Jus kiddin’You crossing the road when a dog is approaching… hehehe… i don’t blame you jare! For many in the abroad though, their pets are like kids!Welcome back! :)https://theimmigrantsjourne…
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:50
You’re so smart! Lol. I actually thought of that you know. Or like if she marries my brother first before I get married, then we’d have the same name. Looool!Their pets are indeed like kids and I’m coming to terms with that. Thank you!
PreciousApril 25, 2017 at 03:05
Welcome back, darling! I watched some of your insta stories so I could tell you were up and about. 10 countries! Girlll I’m so jealous.About kids, I don’t think you can ever prepare enough. Just go for it when you can. Things will be learned along the way. LolMeanwhile send me that dress. It is so pretty and that’s a really lovely photo of you!www.preciouscore.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:49
Thank you Sis!!I think I garee with you on the kids. That’s what everyone says! Just jump in and it’ll sort itself out.
Olufisayo AdelekeApril 25, 2017 at 04:33
Kachi!, *sniffs*, I’ve been cranky because..well..no posts on the blog. But, now you are back and all is well in the cosmos. Since we are all clamouring for the yellow dress…you can like to give someone who went to your beloved Uni in the spirit of loyalty *raises hand*. Amen to TV shows…world class dominance loading. Definitely do a couple tag with Tee! You should feature him more unno…I think you should name your children Amarachi, Tobechukwu and Olumide in that order…Don’t run away with prior otice again…plenri love…keezez
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:49
Hahahahaha @ cranky. Missed you too and all is well in the Cosmos! May will be better!Lol. Maybe we shall just do a lucky dip for he Yellow dress. I should feature Tee more, he’s just SO busy! But we’d see what we can do going forward.Amen to world class dominance!Lol. wait. Why will the first two have Igbo names and the last one Yoruba? You crack me up!
Sarah Enuwa AuduApril 25, 2017 at 11:03
Welcome Back Kachee, kept wondering where you had disappeared too after refreshing your blog countless times. As for this tag very fun. I cant believe you liked maths, I hated it and still do. And writing is definitely a special talent, I mean look at what you’ve done with your content on hear. Wow 10 countries, I’d really like to travel more too. Finally a couple/husband tag sounds fun. Princess Audu
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 28, 2017 at 08:32
Thank you Sarah for your kinds words!! So glad you kept checking back and you enjoyed the tag. Maths was fun – although ofcourse I often wondered how relevant it was to daily life. I’d try to to the tag as soon as possible!
DemiladeApril 25, 2017 at 16:52
Aww I missed you Kachee! Glad you’re back. Yes, please do a couple’s tag. That would be awesome. I really enjoyed reading this. I also didn’t see the point of learning Short Hand, just so pointless haha. And ten countries? That’s amazing! xxPS: That yellow dress is everything!Coco Bella Blog
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 28, 2017 at 08:33
Demi!! I guess short hand helps for taking minutes and all that. But still, bleh!. LolI’ll work on the tag and I hope it works out.
Live In IbadanApril 25, 2017 at 17:04
This was super intersting. I was almost going to reach out to you but I forgot at the same time. I didn’t forget to keep checking back though till I got an email update of your new post. Welcome back! Nice tag and YES, do a couple tag in a video way or whatever it’s called. It would assuredly be much fun.www.liveinibadan.blogspot.com
A girl calledApril 25, 2017 at 19:17
Welcome back Kachee!!! I have been AWOL also, came back and your blog was one of the first 10 I checked. I liked shorthand and typewriting, the rest were just there so we can pass subjects. lol I love pets, I’m torn between a dog or a cat. Igbo name I suggest Kainene ( Dunno if I got that right, but she’s the half of a yellow sun missing sister) I’m yet to hear a “fall in love” male Igbo name. My first look when I met someone is their face, I honestly dunno what I’m looking for there tho and for sarcasm, I’m still learning.
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:57
I actually feel like a number of people took a break too. Or maybe it’s just cause I was absent, i thought everyone was! Lol. Ah, I think I’ll rather dogs to cats ohhh.I like Kainene, but I’m not too sure if I like the meaning (it means ‘lets watch and see’). I agree with you, there are more Igbo female names that I like than male…
Oreoluwa AremoApril 25, 2017 at 22:54
Interesting read! I just might have a similar post like this on my blog. Welcome back Kachee!Oréoluwa’s blog
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 09:47
Vivian AFApril 27, 2017 at 13:44
Hey Kachee!Lovely post, as usual.I’ve been thinking of how to come back from my honeymoon hiatus and I think I might just do a tag like this. Thanks for the inspiration.Love and Light,Vivwww.thealaroro.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comApril 27, 2017 at 13:58
Viv thank you!But you can’t just come back like this oh. You know we need ALL the juicy details of the wedding and the honeymoon! So please that’s what we want! You can do a wedding/honeymoon tag maybe? ❤️
Desire UbaApril 28, 2017 at 18:10
Kachee, I missed you! 😢I also wish I was a sarcasm queen, but nah, no such luck. I think Olaedo (Gold) is a cute Igbo name for a girl. Still looking for my hidden talent sha. Plus, that picture at the beginning of the post is beautiful!!www.desireuba.wordpress.com
Funke OlotuMay 1, 2017 at 21:50
sarcasm is me, we are one, like i annoy the crap out of my friends because of that, I was also away for a long time, i’ve posted now but I feel like jumping on this tag, but again I think it’s for the married bloggers, just my head ?welcome back, i’ve practically caught up on the posts i missed but i’ve been too lazy to leave any comment, Continuing shinning dearhttp://olotufunke.com/
Osar'May 2, 2017 at 10:40
A TV show would definitely suit you! Sooner than later girlfriend 🙂
Kachee || KacheeTee.comMay 2, 2017 at 10:42
Hmmm! From your lips to God’s ears girl friend!! 😘
YemisiMay 2, 2017 at 14:22
I think the first thing I notice about people are their finger nails, I believe they tell a great deal about a person. I quite enjoy scary movies though or movies that leave me at the edge of my seat and I can be quite sarcastic as well. I aspire to Chandler’s (Friends) level of sarcasm sha! I don’t like pets either.Welcome back Kachee, it’s great to have you back! For Igbo names, I like Somtochukwu and Kenechukwu, for Yoruba names, Moyosoreoluwa, Rereloluwa. I love the name Charis, which is ‘Grace’ in Hebrew (I think), Zoe is my all time favourite. There are many ways to go. Lol.I enjoyed reading this, as always! And writing is your spacial talent, best believe it. I say Yaaaas to the TV show!musingsbyjas.wordpress.com
Annie EjioforJune 6, 2017 at 10:57
What are the meanings of the Yoruba names? 😁 I like the names you like and the overall comment. As can be seen, I voted it up.
YemisiJune 7, 2017 at 16:25
Why thank you! Lol.Moyosoreoluwa means “I rejoice in the goodness of the Lord”While Rereloluwa is just another way to say God is fantastic, like “hmmm…He’s a good God”. You know that contented sigh when He exceeds your expectations? Yep, that’s the one. Lol
Annie EjioforJune 7, 2017 at 16:49
Wooowww! The names are beautiful 😍😍😍😍
Kachee || KacheeTee.comJune 6, 2017 at 11:00
I actually like Zoe! I quite like those Igbo & Yoruba names, but they’re long😂. Maybe I can find short forms.
YemisiJune 7, 2017 at 16:30
Lol! They are long indeed. Can be shortened though, can have like, Moyo or Oreoluwa. But then again filling official docs would still require the longer version. I’m sure there are shorter nice names and when the time comes, you’ll find just the perfect ones. 😉
WanShyGirl BlogMay 12, 2017 at 13:12
When I meet someone for the first time I take note of their shoes, finger nails and eyes. I never saw the point of shorthand too and TD was a waste for me because I suck at drawing, Economics was such a bore too. I can also be unusually emotional especially towards irrelevant things. When I grow up I want to travel the World like you. 😄😄
Ajibike 'DammyMay 12, 2017 at 13:49
I notice people’s shoes at first too and later their faces. Browneyed too like most Nigerians lol.Hated Shorthand so much in junior school and I still hate Maths though. 10 countries? Whoop! Whoop! I pray to break that. You should name your baby girl after me hehehe.Lifeofdammy.com
Tuke MorganMay 22, 2017 at 22:13
I’ve been to 10 countries too but that number is going to change significantly this year *Happy Dance*I don’t have an English name but I do have an English surname which sorta makes up for it :)http://www.tukesquest.com
Kachee || KacheeTee.comMay 22, 2017 at 22:20
I’m so excited about your forthcoming trips! I’m sure you’d have such a great time!
SogieMay 24, 2017 at 12:31
I don’t have an english name and i remember asking my dad when i was little why and he asked me what tribe i was lol, if its up to me alone i won’t give my children english names. Haha i can’t imagine not living with dogs, they are amazing. I’ve missed commenting on your posts!!itsdivadiaries.com